Warming the balcony. How to warm the balcony?
People living in a high-rise building have a balcony or loggia. Most people use this area to store their belongings, such as strollers, bicycles, vegetables and tools. In small apartments, even an extra room is made of the loggia, which is suitable for living, both in summer and in winter. To do this, they warm the balcony / loggia to keep warm in the next room. Quite often, they combine a room with a balcony to increase the usable area of the room.
How is it better to warm the balcony – from the outside or from the inside?
External insulation of the balcony allows you to save the area of the apartment and reduce heat loss through the walls, as well as improve sound insulation. If you have already installed modern windows, then the last step remains – wall insulation.
The choice of materials for insulation should be approached especially carefully. The material should be lightweight, fire resistant, moisture resistant. At the same time do not forget about the aesthetic appearance.
One of the most common materials for insulation today are foam, mineral wool, extruded polystyrene foam.
Thermal insulation of walls with foam plastic is an inexpensive and fairly easy and fast solution to the problem. The correct thickness of the foam, the quality of the work done – and you can forget about the cold and uncomfortable balcony. Due to its low weight, it will not exert a significant load on the supporting structure of the building. To give the balcony a beautiful aesthetic look, it is possible with the help of decorative plaster, produced in various color combinations.
Warming mineral wool. Min.vat – non-combustible material, together with good heat and sound insulating properties, compares favorably with other heaters.
– It does not change the shape of the temperature jumps;
– Cotton wool has a biological, chemical resistance and an inert environment, even if metal elements come into contact with it, they do not corrode;
– This heat-insulating product is easy to process – it is cut with a knife, sawn with a hacksaw, which greatly facilitates installation work;
– If the finishing layer is made of a material with low vapor permeability, then all the condensate will concentrate in the layers of mineral wool.
When wetted, its heat insulating properties are noticeably reduced, loss of geometric shapes is possible here. Therefore, when the device insulation, both facades and walls inside the room, it should be closed with a membrane film.
Warming extruded polystyrene foam is the most effective of all analogues used in construction.
Advantages of extruded polystyrene foam
– Zero water absorption.
– High durability (in comparison with simple polyfoam).
– Chemical resistance.
– Environmental friendliness.
– Easy installation.
Lack of extruded polystyrene foam
– High cost (compared to conventional foam, but worth it).
Extruded polystyrene foam
Wall insulation will allow you to:
Reduce the cost of additional space heating;
Get rid of mold and mildew;
Protect the walls from destruction.